People often want to know The Pros and Cons of Online Marketing. In here, I will be sharing the advantages and disadvantages by doing online marketing and the best course of action you should make. So you don’t want to miss them below!
Online Marketing Introduction
Many of you have heard this so called online marketing quite often. What it is all about? The answer to this is very simple. Online Marketing is the exchanging values between the seller and buyer and it is done online. The values exchanged can be physical products, information(non-physical products), and services.
While the technology has advanced very fast, marketers take the advantage of it and promote their particular values to the world by using the power of internet. These marketers are divided into two types. One is independent marketer, two is dependent markter. Which basically means that independent markter promote his own value, whereas dependent marketer promote other’s people values.
The Pros of Online Marketing
There are many advantages of doing online marketing that many people yet don’t know and ignore, simply because they are not aware of the huge potential going forward. Here are some of the online marketing pros :
- You can work anywhere you want. (at your home-office, hotels, other countries, on the beach and other places as long as there is an internet connection)
- The time is flexible. You can choose when to start and stop working without someone to control it (such as your boss)
- Cheaper traditional Store’s components to promote product/service Online. (such as a domain name, website, and more)
- Easier for old school marketer to promote their products by using online tools (such as E-mail autoresponder, video sales, and many more depending on different type of online strategy)
- It can be done by anyone who wants to seek for more freedom in life. (You will see diverse background of people who have moved to online marketing business opportunity)
- It is possible to become rich if you are serious doing it for the next 5-10 years!
- Recommended for someone who’s ready to fire their boss 🙂
The Cons of Online Marketing
We have talked about the advantage of online marketing, now let’s dig into the disadvantages of it!
- The information can be overwhelming. This is caused by people who are blindly chasing for getting quick rich scheme online and without proper arrangement of where to start. As the result, they tend to learn things in a rushy way for the sake of making money as fast as possible.
- Require Patient and Dedication. Doing online marketing takes time and learning process to build a system and organized things in place. But, this is where people leave and choose to give up. Why? Because, they are trained to see money in a month. (Typical Employee mindset) Want to change to Entrepreneur mindset? Read my post about “How to become an Internet Entrepreneur“.
- Misleading Information from Scam Artist. What tons of internet users are told to get rich quick by many cheesy online making money opportunity. These can be found from ads and videos sales. Those scammers are just telling B.S. about making money using proven system. They promise you little work with thosands of dollar in return. This is the main reason why people are so afraid of online marketing. In reality, there are legitimate way to earn money online.
- Sometime, it can be intimidating. In the beginning process of online marketing venture, you might expect things to go fast as you expect. However, it will not that smooth. You need to have long term goal and strategy to do online marketing. The obvious one is to learn it first. You can check out my #1 recommendation here for FREE online marketing education platform.
That’s all the drawbacks I see for online marketing. What most people fail to realized that this actually requires hard work and dedication. Do NOT think “get rich quick” here. Change your mindet and metality.That’s how a winner does in order to succeed in life!
I hope you now get the idea of what is the pros and cos of online marketing. Please share this if you agree, and comment below to let me know what do you think about it. I’d love to hear from you 🙂